Angola: West Africa Mission of the American Congregational Church and the United Church of Canada, 1930. Soft cover. 10" x 10" Very Good. Item #014552
10" x 10" folded. Linen-backed paper, hand-drawn and lettered map, metal grommets for hanging punched at top. Property of Bailundo Station written at top of front. Some general foxing and browning. Fraying to edges and a few spots of light wear. Large dark stain to interior. Some smudging to ink. In the making of this map, the road itineraries of the Missao Geologica were used as basis; taking readings fro Nova Lisboa (...) position found by Mr. Henrique O'Donnell. The rivers are taken from the maps of the Diamond mines, Alfredo de Andrade and Massano de Amorim. The details were obtained from various sources including the Director of Land Survey, the Administrators, Chefes and Missionaries. Maj. de Laessoe maps of the railway, the Cuquema region and the mountain area. The outstations were located with the help of native elders and teachers. In 1930, the West Africa Mission of the American Congregational Church and the United Church of Canada celebrated its Jubilee at Bailundo Station, the first site of the Protestant Mission founded in 1880 in Angola's central plateau. A very scarce item.